Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program
Let us help
Gain the skills and experience you need to get back to work. The Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program (HVRP) was established by the Department of Labor to help homeless veterans get back on their feet by assisting them in their efforts to return to work. Whether you served in the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, or the current conflict in the Middle East, this employment training and placement program is for homeless veterans who want to get back to work and gain back their independence.
How MMSFI can help you
• Support based on your specific needs
• Employment services such as resumes, cover letters, career/job training and guidance and
• Job preparation services, placements, and follow-up support
• Referral and liaison to other services or treatments
• Veteran: A person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was
discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable. Members of the National Guard and Reserve, who were not federally activated for duty beyond training, do not meet this definition and are not eligible for HVRP.
• Homeless: A person who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate residence; lives in a shelter or a place not meant for human habitation; is fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence; is at imminent risk (within 14 days) of losing their housing; or who was homeless in the 60-day period before HVRP enrollment who have since become housed (recently housed).
• You must be motivated and willing to search for work and to connect to necessary benefits to overcome barriers to working.
If you are or know of a homeless Veteran looking for full-time employment, please reach out to learn more about HVRP eligibility and the services we can provide by clicking here. For potential employers, to register for the program or to learn more, click here.
What are the benefits to employers?
• Pool of individuals ready to work
• Pre-screened, qualified applicants
• Supported employees
• Resources for long term success
• Strategic marketing advantage in hiring veterans
Why hire vets?
3. Diversity and inclusion in action
7. Respect for procedures
Hire Vets Medallion Program
The Honoring Investments and Recruiting and Employing American Military Veterans Act of 2017 recognizes employers for their investments in recruiting, employing, and retaining our nation’s heroes. https://www.hirevets.gov/
Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
Businesses and certain tax-exempt organizations that hire eligible unemployed veterans can take advantage of a Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC). The Returning Heroes Tax Credit now provides incentives of up to $5,600 for hiring unemployed veterans, and the Wounded Warriors Tax Credit doubles the existing Work Opportunity Tax Credit for long-term unemployed veterans with service-connected disabilities, to up to $9,600. (military.com)
EMPLOYER INTEREST FORM –https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/uUCnx8LeMYekvSytu2BfUg
MMSFI HVRP Consultants: