MMSFI HAS PROVIDED MORE THAN 25,000,000 MEALS,
AND OVER 45 MILLION POUNDS OF FOOD TO VETS!!
Our mission has always been to provide programs, services and goods that help satisfy critical needs and enhance the well-being and quality of life for Veterans, active-duty Military and their families in Massachusetts. Each of our programs are designed to have maximum impact on the many issues Veterans and active-duty Military face. We provide solutions that make a long-lasting, life-changing difference for these brave men and women.
Based on our experiences, we have found it necessary to update our mission statement: Stand with us. Join us as we continue to support our Veterans and their families. Together, we can move mountains, we can transform lives, and we can create a future filled with hope, dignity, and respect for our veteran and military families. Come be part fo the MMSF family, and let's make a difference together.
- BREAKFAST with SANTA - December 9 - Clark-Haddad American Legion Post 188 is hosting Breakfast with Santa!! Please stop by American Legion Post 188 at 20 Main Street in Sandwich and enjoy a full breakfast with Santa anytime between 9am-11am. This is open to everyone at no cost. Please CLICK HERE to register your child for this event. Big thank you to Post Commander Raymond W Tourville, the American Legion volunteers, Don Cox, the Sandwich Chamber of Commerce and of course SANTA CLAUS!
- OPERATION SANTA JBCC Children's Holiday/Christmas Party - December 10 - open to all Military and Coast Guard Personnel assigned to JBCC and USCG Sector Southeastern New England. Click here for details.
- COATS4VETS - December 13 (Sandwich) - Veterans in need of warm winter coats can click here to register to pick one up at our Sandwich location. Check out our Coats4Vets page for more info.
- COATS4VETS - December 15 (West Springfield) - Veterans in need of warm winter coats can now register to pick one up in West Springfield. Click here to register, and be sure to check out our Coats4Vets page for more info.
- LUNCH4VETS - December 21 - Lunch4Vets happens the 3rd Thursday of the month. Click here for details and to register.
- January 27 - Military Awards Dinner, details to be announced at a later date
- March 17 - Pot of Gold Sunday, details can be found on our Facebook page.
Massachusetts Military Support Foundation was founded by President & CEO Don Cox. Don leads a small team of regulars and many volunteers who are committed to helping Veterans and active-duty Military families in need. Many volunteers are Veterans themselves, representing each branch of the United States Military. Massachusetts Military Support Foundation (MMSF) grew from a successful regional nonprofit on Cape Cod. After seeing the success and importance of our work on Cape Cod, we knew it was imperative to expand our reach to the rest of the Commonwealth. Since then, MMSF has proved essential during the federal government shutdown of 2018-2019, and most recently the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2022 we embarked on providing housing assistance services to veterans based on need. These are exciting times!!
Need food assistance? Please click the link below then select your location from the Empowerment page.
We are thrilled to have earned a Candid.org 2023 Platinum Seal of Transparency!
Check us out at Great Nonprofits for more reviews, or to post your own!
Hillary - "Thank you for the amazing event you held today at Gillette Stadium today. Please know that 20 boxes were hand delivered to veterans."
Paul - "One grateful veteran says a big thank you for what you do!!!!!"
David - "Today I benefited from the wonderful Food Drive for veterans in need during the coronavirus pandemic … I was able to pick up your box of 2 weeks worth of healthy food for my wife and myself … This was a great solution. I am grateful for your program and it’s creation to deal with problems like this caused by this unusual crisis we are all going through."
Anonymous - "Thank you for the food today. I’m a disabled retired combat army vet on limited income and your kindness made a huge difference in my life!"
Anonymous - "We are incredibly grateful for the assistance we have received from MMSFI. Their support has made a tangible difference in our lives, allowing us to fully embrace the joys and responsibilities of parenthood without the added stress of financial concerns. We highly recommend MMSFI to any military family in need of that extra support during important life transitions. They truly make a difference, and we are forever thankful for their help."
Steve - "We’ve recently retired and with this economy, it reminds us of what is was like when we were active duty raising our children. How we wish services like this could have been available to us back then. All of that being noted, let’s mention how great the staff is at the Sandwich Empowerment Center. So vey helpful, from signing us up to explaining the entire working process. As a Veteran, I’ve always been proud of my years of service. I also appreciate the exceptional service and professionalism from the personnel at this facility. Thanks for being there for us."
Anonymous - "It's been amazing going to the Sandwich Empowerment. All the volunteers are so helpful and friendly. Always offering to help carry our bags for us. With us being on a limited income, this organization has been a blessing. Thank you Sandwich Empowerment!!
Barbara - "Only just found out about this place from a friend. It is a lifesaver. My husband just passed and without his income I have been struggling. My husband served in the Army during Vietnam. He would and I am very thankful I found this place. Thank you to all that make this program happen. You could never know what this means to me."
Volunteer - "As a volunteer, I see countless veterans take advantage of the services we offer. Occasionally I am lucky enough to hear their stories. One of the consistent messages I hear is how helpful our organization is to them, and how much it means to them to have the kindness and support we offer. Many veterans have told me our organization makes a positive difference in their lives."